Pell Grant – Grant assistance that does not need to be repaid. Eligibility is determined by data provided on the FAFSA.
Student Loans (subsidized & unsubsidized)
Federal Direct Student Loans – Eligibility is based upon “need” as determined by the data submitted on the FAFSA. Undergraduate borrower limits are as follows:
- $3500 subsidized plus $2000 unsubsidized for the Cosmetology program
- $3111 subsidized plus $1778 unsubsidized for the Esthetics & Nail Specialty program
- $2333 subsidized plus $1333 unsubsidized for the Esthetics or Barbering programs
- $3500 subsidized plus $6000 unsubsidized for the Cosmetology program
- $3111 subsidized plus $5333 unsubsidized for the Esthetics & Nail Specialty program
- $2333 subsidized plus $4000 unsubsidized for the Esthetics or Barbering programs
*Please note the Nail Specialty program does not qualify for Federal Financial Aid
To receive a Direct Loan students must complete Loan Entrance Counseling and a Master Promissory Note (MPN). Entrance counseling provides the required information about a borrower’s rights and responsibilities. Entrance counseling is completed at enrollment.
Parent PLUS Loans
Federal Direct PLUS Loans – This is a credit-based loan for the parent or guardian of the student. PLUS loan eligibility can only be determined once the student has completed the FAFSA. Neither the student nor the parent can be in default on a federal student loan. Parents may borrow up to cost of attendance minus any other financial aid.
The financial aid office can assist with prequalification for a PLUS loan if a parent completes an application for a credit check.
Students who are eligible to receive assistance through the Department of Veterans Affairs must submit the necessary paperwork at enrollment. The school Certifying Official will complete the required enrollment certification with Veterans Affairs.
Veterans, active duty service persons, reservists and eligible spouses and dependents may qualify for various VA educational assistance programs. Students are responsible to determine which benefits they qualify for.
* Visit https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/sites/default/files/FSA-Eligibility-11.16.12.png for basic eligibility criteria.