Part Time Barbering Instructor – Immediate Opening
Continental School of Beauty is looking for individuals who are seeking an opportunity to make a difference in the beauty industry. Our Rochester school has an immediate part-time opening for a licensed, experienced Barbering professional to teach our Barbering course. In this role you will help ensure our students receive the best education possible and provide an environment which encourages students to reach their fullest potential.
The hours for this position are Monday through Wednesday from 9:00 am – 4:45 pm and the potential for 1 night per week until 8:15 pm.
- Starting Pay = $20.00 – $21.00 per hour
- Paid Vacation Time – 2 weeks after 90 days and 3 weeks after 1 year
- Paid Sick Leave Time – accrue up to 1 week per year
- Paid Holidays – 9 per year
- Position Title – Instructor
- Department – Barbering
- Reports To – Director
- Employment Status – ☐ Temporary ☐ Full-Time ☒ Part-Time
- FLSA Status – ☒ Non-Exempt ☐ Exempt
- Effective Date – February 12, 2024
To instruct students effectively and prepare them for successful completion of the program, passing their New York State Board Exams and be gainfully employment in their chosen field.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the school’s mission and educational objectives and strive to always attain them.
- Maintain a thorough, accurate and current knowledge of the subject matter taught.
- Teach and follow the school’s published curriculum.
- Provide students with fun, exciting demonstrations to teach practical skills.
- Maintain accurate student attendance records.
- Administer and grade written and practical tests.
- Complete all required paperwork.
- Attend and complete required New York State and accrediting body training development courses
- Performing other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
- This position requires a current, valid NYS Barber license
- At least 2 years proven practical, licensed work experience in Barbering
- High school diploma or GED
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Basic computer skills to use email, spreadsheet, presentation and student e-book software
Working at Continental is like working in a family business. Our mission is to look up to the students and staff to create the best environment possible. Some of our instructors are Continental graduates who have returned anxious to give back the quality education they received to the next generation of beauty professionals. Continental provides its instructors with continuing education each year in the most up-to-date topics related to the beauty industry. Make the difference and apply now!