THE HORST M. RECHELBACHER FOUNDATION | “SUSTAINABLE BEGINNINGS” COSMETOLOGY & BARBERING SCHOLARSHIP
Application Deadline: November 30, 2020
Horst Rechelbacher Foundation’s “Sustainable Beginnings” basic cosmetology and barbering 2020 programs and will be awarded through the Beauty Changes Lives Organization
Award Amount | # of Recipients
$2,000 total award for 2020
Winners awarded: 3- Spring, 3-Summer, 3- Fall Season
Scholarship Description & Award Information
In 1978, Horst Rechelbacher founded the Aveda Corporation, a global plant-based cosmetic company, & ushered a new consciousness into the world of beauty. Two decades later he shifted focus to Intelligent Nutrients, a health & beauty company that lives to the highest standards of 100% food-based, safe, non-toxic, organic ingredients. All of Horst’s innovations revolved around beauty products that would care for professionals, their guests & the planet through the power of pure flower & plant essences.
Horst’s entrepreneurial vision is to create successful businesses in partnership with nature. As he puts it, “Business can be a solution to our planet’s crisis rather than the problem. We are at the threshold of the Sustainable Evolution, and I believe it will be even greater than the industrial revolution. It is a very exciting time for innovative thinkers and future-minded entrepreneurs, who I call ‘Ecopreneurs.’
This scholarship is for prospective or currently enrolled student of the beauty industry. The “Sustainable Beginnings” scholarship is designed to financially support those seeking licensure in the fields of cosmetology, barbering or esthetics.
Applicant Requirements – “Sustainable Beginnings” Basic Cosmetology
- Must be a new or currently enrolled student in a cosmetology or barbering program
- Must upload proof of enrollment i.e.: acceptance letter or progress report from school
- Application must include a 3-5 minute video answering the following questions:
- (A.) Describe why environmental sustainability is important to you.
- (B.) Describe one step that you have taken to help decrease waste.
- (C.) After researching Horst Rechelbacher, what passions do you have in common with him?
The following criteria is required for an application to be considered a qualified applicant:
- Applicant has fully completed all parts of the online application.
- Applicant has submitted their proof of enrollment.
- Applicant has submitted a video that is (3-5) minutes in length and answers questions (A, B, & C). See questions under Application Requirements.
- Application received by the designated date & time.