Table of Contents
- Personal Data Protection and Storage.
- Types of data gathered through forms on our website:
- Personal Data Sharing.
- Choices Regarding Personal Data Collection and Use.
- Cookie Choices.
- Do Not Track.
- Links to Third Party Sites
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information.
The storage and transmission of personal data over the internet is inherently insecure. Continental cannot guarantee the security of data transmission over the internet.
Continental maintains administrative, physical, and technical safeguards to protect personal data in our possession against loss, alteration, misuse, or unlawful processing or unauthorized access, whether accidental or purposely.
- First Name
- Last Name
- Phone Number
- Mailing Address
- Email Address
- Date of birth
- High School Graduation or GED Year
- Program of Interest
- School Location
- Session Day/Time
- Guest First Name and Last Name (optional)
- Company Name
- Job Description
- Position for Hire
- Reason for payment
- Name of person paying (if different than student name)
We use this information collect for the following purposes:
- Communicate with you and follow up with potential students looking to enroll.
- Communicate with you about potential positions for our graduates.
- Process and post payments to student accounts. In the case of payments, credit card information is used by our Service provider to process the payment. No credit card information is stored by Continental.
- Process your student document request(s). Information is sent to other institutions if that is what you request.
- Communicate with you regarding job opportunities.
Continental does not resell any personal information to other third parties. We do not rent or trade email lists with other organizations or businesses.
Continental does not disseminate or collect personal data except under agreement with Service Providers. These Service Providers and partners provide the following service to Continental.
- Credit Card Processing
- Email communications
- Employee payroll and benefits
- Federal Student Aid
We may disclose personal information:
- If we are required to do so by law, legal process, statue rule, regulation, or professional standard or to respond to a subpoena, search warrant, or other government official request.
- When we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or monetary loss.
- In connection with an investigation of a complaint, security threat, or suspected or actual illegal activity.
- In connection with an internal audit.
- If the Continental is subject to a merger, acquisition, joint ventures, sales of assets, reorganization, dissolutions, bankruptcies, liquidations, or other types of business transactions.
In these types of transactions, personal information may be shared, sold, or transferred, and it may be used subsequently by a third party.
We may post customer testimonials on our website from time to time that may contain personally identifiable information. However, we will obtain the customer’s consent to post testimonials prior to publication.
Minors under the age of 13 may not use this website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 13.
Depending on the activity, some of the information we ask you to provide is mandatory and some is optional. Whether you provide this information or not is completely your choice but if you do not provide the information we request, we will not be able to provide certain services.
We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time by clicking the link in footer of the email messages we send you. You can also contact us directly by sending a written request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via postal mail to:
Continental School of Beauty
c/o Admissions Department
633 Jefferson Road
Rochester, NY 14623
Please provide your full name, mailing address, email address and phone number along with specifically what you do not want to receive.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can change your browser’s setting to disable all or certain cookies. For information on how to manage browser cookies see https://www.allaboutcookies.org/. Managing cookies varies by browser and you will need to review the documentation for browser(s) you use. This information can usually be accessed by going to the “help” link in your browsers.
Please note that disabling or deleting cookies may impact your ability to access the full functionality of our website.
In our opinion, there is no industry or legal standard for recognizing or honoring “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) signals. We do not respond to these signals currently.
Be aware that our site contains links to sites hosted by third parties including US Federal Government sites. The Continental does not control, and are not responsible for the content, privacy practices, or policies of these sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our site and to understand the privacy statements of these third-party sites when you visit them.
Refers to information that does not by itself identify a specific individual. We gather certain information about you based upon where your usage of our Website in several ways. This information is compiled and analyzed on both a personal and an aggregated basis. For example, this information may include the Website’s Uniform Resource Locator (“URL”) that you just came from, which URL you next go to, what browser you are using, and your IP address. A URL is the global address of documents and other resources on the World Wide Web. An IP address is a computer identifier on a Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (“TCP/IP”) network, such as the World Wide Web. The Web uses the TCP/IP protocol to route information based on the IP address of the destination. An IP address is a number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web, allowing Web servers to locate and identify your computer. Computers require IP addresses to allow users to browse and communicate on the Internet.
We review the actions of the Continental website visitors on a regular basis to determine customers’ preferences.