amika “Friend To Hair” BIPOC Cosmetology Student Scholarship
Award Amount | # of Recipients
Tiered scholarship awarding (3) three different winners
- First Tier scholarship: (1) one $15,000 scholarship
- Second Tier scholarship: (2) two $5,000 scholarships
The (3) three scholarships above will be awarded during our Spring 2023 season open from March 1 – May 31, 2023.
Scholarship Description & Award Information
amika disrupted the hair industry more than a decade ago with salon professional products for all that were consciously created, affordable-luxury and encouraged self-expression. The name amika means “friend”, and we are on a mission to truly deliver on our promise of friend to all hair with products that make you feel good. All hair is welcome with 11 collections for every hair type, texture, and style. Climate-Neutral Certified, PCR packaging, Vegan, Cruelty-Free and sustainably sourced, amika products are responsibly made.
As a salon-growth brand, stylists are the heart and soul of amika. amika is thrilled to fund the amika “Friend to Hair” BIPOC scholarship, which is open to anyone who identifies as a person of color who is new or currently enrolled in a cosmetology program.
- This scholarship will be available to anyone identifying as Black, Indigenous, and a Person of Color
- This scholarship is open to new or currently enrolled students in a cosmetology program that leads to licensure at an accredited school in the U.S.
- The applicant must be eighteen (18) years of age or older by the start date of the program at the accredited school or institution.
- Complete the online application and submit proof of enrollment for a cosmetology program by uploading your: acceptance letter, progress report, or official letter from your school.
- Submit a YouTube video (3 minutes maximum) with public link answering the following questions:
- Please describe how receiving this scholarship would set you on your path to achieving your short-term and long-term goals?
- Describe how one of these values plays a role in your life and what it means to you: diversity, equality, sustainability.
- Who is a role model you look up to that makes you strive to be the best at your craft?