Circadia Skin – Sage Michaela Lucas “Timing is Everything” Esthetics Student Scholarship – Fall 2023
Circadia® The Sage Michaela Lucas “Timing is Everything” Esthetics Student Scholarship
The Sage Michaela Lucas “Timing is Everything” scholarship is generously funded by Circadia®, a pioneer in the science of chronobiology and skincare. Circadia® is again generously donating a total of $50,000 in Esthetics Scholarships for the Spring and Fall Season for the next two years. The Sage Michaela Lucas “Timing is Everything” award celebrates diversity, inclusivity, and affirmation.
The scholarship is open to esthetics students enrolled in an accredited program and who identify as black, indigenous and people of color (BIPOC). The scholarship grant targets esthetic students pursuing a career in aesthetics, skincare formulation and/or cosmetic chemistry.
Award Amount | # of Recipients
$10,000 Total for Fall 2023
Two (2) $5,000 for the Fall season from September 1 – November 1, 2023.
Each awardee will receive the following:
- Mentorship program that includes a one-hour call each month to discuss business proposals, financial overview, skincare products and services etc.
- Invitation and all-expense paid trip to attend Circadia’s Annual Gala the year recipient receives scholarship, and a lifetime invitation for future Gala events.
- The applicants must identify as BIPOC (Black, Indigenous and People of Color)
- Must be a currently enrolled (or a newly accepted student) in a in an esthetics program that leads to licensure in the U.S. or Canada.
- The applicant must be eighteen (18) years of age or older by the start date of the program at the accredited school/institution.
- Complete online application and submit proof of enrollment from an esthetics program by uploading your: progress report, or official acceptance letter from an accredited school/institution.
- Submit a 3-minute maximum, YouTube video with a public link answering the following questions (if the video exceeds the 3-minute requirement the application will be declined):
- If you were to win this scholarship, how do you plan to “pay it forward” once they have entered the industry to inspire the next generation of BIPOC hopefuls who have similar goals?
- Name a person in the beauty industry that you know personally or follow-on social media that motivates you or positively impacts you to stay committed to your dreams despite obstacles. Explain what is it about their story that gives you the most hope in your own career?
- Describe challenges you have overcome or life changing situations that turned to valuable lessons. What did you learn about yourself and how did you grow from these situations?