Dermalogica Future Industry Professionals Esthetics Scholarship
DERMALOGICA ” FUTURE INDUSTRY PROFESSIONALS” ESTHETICS SCHOLARSHIP
Dermalogica has generously funded the “Future Industry Professionals” Esthetics Scholarship. For nearly 40 years, Dermalogica has empowered skin therapists to unleash their potential. Founded by Jane Wurwand out of a desire to provide best-in-class products, education, and training in the professional skin care industry, Dermalogica today trains 100,000 skin therapists per year and is the #1 choice of skin professionals worldwide. Through a commitment to education, personalization, and human touch, plus science-driven formulas, Dermalogica champions skin health, not beauty.
The Future Industry Professionals Esthetics Scholarship is open to students who are newly accepted or currently enrolled in an esthetics program at a Dermalogica partner school, and identify as Black, Indigenous, and persons of color. The esthetics student scholarship will be awarded through Beauty Changes Lives.
Scholarship Name: Dermalogica – “Future Industry Professionals” Esthetics Scholarship
Award Amount | # of Recipients: $20,000 total awards for 2023 | $5,000 x 4 Recipients (total)
(1) for Winter 2023, open from December 1, 2022 – February 28, 2023
(1) for Spring 2023, open from March 1 – May 30, 2023
(1) for Summer 2023, open from June 1 – August 31, 2023
(1) for Fall 2023, open from September 1 – November 30, 2023
Awardees will also receive mentorship by a Dermalogica expert skin therapist.
- The applicants must identify as a person of color to qualify: BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and person of color)
- Must be a currently enrolled (or a newly accepted student) in a Dermalogica partner school, leading to licensure in the U.S.
- The applicant must be eighteen (18) years of age or older by the start date of the program at the accredited school or institution.
- Complete online application and submit proof of enrollment for a cosmetology program by uploading your: progress report, or official acceptance letter from a Dermalogica Partner school.
- Submit a 3-minute maximum, YouTube video with a public link answering the following questions (if the video exceeds the 3-minute requirement the application will be declined):
a) Describe how receiving this scholarship would impact your life. What are your short-term and long-term goals?
b) Why is esthetics your passion? How has your experience with your own skin shaped your passion?
c) How will you use your career in esthetics to benefit your community?