L’Oréal Professionnel Empowering Diversity Scholarship
Scholarship Description & Award Information
L’Oréal Professionnel prides itself on demonstrating one of their core values to support diversity and equality within the hairdressing profession, the scholarship awards up to $5,000 in tuition funding for students enrolled or accepted in a cosmetology program at any accredited institution whose service demonstrates a commitment to justice, equity, and diversity.
This scholarship will be offered annually to those interested in a career in the professional beauty industry. In addition, each winner is eligible to be included into a mentoring / coaching program designed for cosmetology students during their time in school and for 1 year POST Graduation.
The Empowering Diversity Scholarship is dedicated to the memory of Sheena Coleman, a much-loved member of the L’Oréal Professionnel Education Team who sadly passed away in 2020. Sheena’s love and passion for educating and inspiring others will live on as we dedicate the Empowering Diversity Scholarship in her memory.
Award Amount | # of Recipients One (1) $5,000 Scholarship
Applications accepted for the Fall Season starting September 1 – November 1, 2023.
- The applicants must identify as Black, Indigenous, or Persons of Color (BIPOC).
- This scholarship is open to new or currently enrolled students in a cosmetology program that leads to licensure at an accredited school in the U.S.
- The applicant must be eighteen (18) years of age or older by the start date of the program at the accredited school/institution.
- Family members of L’Oréal Professionnel, Elevate Salon Institute or the Franchisor are not eligible for this scholarship. Past winners of LP Scholarships cannot apply.
- Complete online application and submit proof of enrollment for a cosmetology program with uploading your: progress report, or official acceptance letter from your school.
- Submit a 3-minute maximum, YouTube video with a public link answering the following questions:
- When was the moment you decided a career in beauty was your passion?
- What can the industry do better to support diversity and equality within the profession?
- Who is a role model you look up to that makes you strive to be the best at your craft?