THE HORST M. RECHELBACHER FOUNDATION | “SUSTAINABLE BEGINNINGS” ESTHETICS SCHOLARSHIP
Horst Rechelbacher Foundation’s “Sustainable Beginnings” basic esthetics programs and will be awarded through the Beauty Changes Lives Organization. Applications are accepted in our spring season: March 1 – May 31, 2021 and our fall season: September 1 – November 30, 2021
Award Amount | # of Recipients
Winners awarded: 5- Spring and 5 – Fall
Scholarship Description & Award Information
In 1978, Horst Rechelbacher founded the Aveda Corporation, a global plant-based cosmetic company, & ushered a new consciousness into the world of beauty. Two decades later, he shifted focus to Intelligent Nutrients, a health & beauty company that lives to the highest standards of certified organic ingredients to sustainable plant-based chemistry. All of Horst’s innovations revolved around beauty products that would care for professionals, their guests & the planet through the power of pure flower & plant essences.
Horst’s entrepreneurial vision is to create successful businesses in partnership with nature. As he puts it, “Business can be a solution to our planet’s crisis rather than the problem. We are at the threshold of the Sustainable Evolution, and I believe it will be even greater than the industrial revolution. It is a very exciting time for innovative thinkers and future-minded entrepreneurs, who I call ‘Ecopreneurs.’
This scholarship is for prospective or currently enrolled student of the beauty industry. The “Sustainable Beginnings” scholarship is designed to financially support those seeking licensure in the fields of esthetics.
Applicant Requirements – “Sustainable Beginnings” Basic Cosmetology
- Must be a new or currently enrolled student in an esthetics program
- Must upload proof of enrollment i.e.: acceptance letter or progress report from school
- Application must include a 3-5 minute video answering the following questions:
- (A.) Describe why environmental sustainability is important to you.
- (B.) Describe one step that you have taken to help decrease waste.
- (C.) After researching Horst Rechelbacher, what passions do you have in common with him?
Applications accepted from September 1 – November 30, 2021!