New Year, New Beauty Career
There’s just something about ushering in a new year that makes it feel like the perfect time to also usher in a whole new career! So, as we simultaneously celebrate the year in our rear-view mirror and the one up ahead, it’s a great time to ask yourself if what you’re doing today is getting you closer to where you want to be tomorrow. And if where you want to be tomorrow is working in the world of beauty, we’ve got 5 reasons why you should make 2019 the year you turn your dream into a plan of action!
1. Long-term job prospects – The beauty industry is hotter than ever! Not only is there a high demand for skilled cosmetologists, estheticians and barbers – but according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BOL) the industry as a whole is predicted to see faster than average growth, adding over 87,000 jobs through 2026. If you’re looking for job security, consider the beauty industry!
2. Quick, affordable career-launch – If you are looking for career training that you can start faster than a traditional 4-year university education and you don’t want to endure the cost of that 4-year degree, you’ve come to the right place! The average cost of beauty school is far less expensive, and most programs can be completed in less time, making it easier to start earning sooner than later!
3. Creativity knows no bounds – Let’s face it, you love the beauty industry because you get to unleash your inner artist! There are literally no limits to your ability to explore your creative side and be on the cutting edge of style. Oh, and you’ll be getting paid to do it!
4. Flexibility is yours – It’s true that some beauty professionals have pretty crazy schedules, but it’s actually an industry that typically offers much more flexibility than most traditional 9-5 jobs.
5. Helping people look good – feels great –It might be the best reason there is but it’s a pretty powerful feeling to be able to transform someone’s day, week or even life with your own two hands and a signature style.
Although no one can go back in time and make a brand-new start, anyone can start now and make a brand-new ending. Do your future self a favor and make 2019 the year you started doing what you love for a living. If you’d like to learn more about a career in the world of beauty, check out the programs at Continental School of Beauty. With 4 locations across upstate New York, flexible schedules and hands-on training from experienced instructors, Continental is helping students launch careers in cosmetology, barbering, esthetics and nails. Contact Continental School of Beauty today to schedule a tour of one of our locations. The perfect time to start your future is now!