Top Summer Nail Trends
No one remembers the people standing in the crowd, but they surely remember the ones who stand out in it! This summer brings with it, the heat, a sense of adventure and dazzling new trends to try out that will definitely have you standing out with a style that is unforgettable! One way to complete your summer signature look is literally, right at your fingertips. Your nails can be the finishing touch to your style; the cherry on top. So check out the hottest nail trends taking this summer by storm and don’t be afraid to put your digits on display!
- Color Eclipsing/Blocking – Nothing screams summer quite like a bright colored two-tone bikini or sundress. Make sure this summer your nails are on the same page! Contrasting two colors with or without a design make for a fun, vibrant summer look.
- Modern Metallic – Let’s face it, the allure of silver and gold is really never out of style. Finish your manicure off with a 14-kt gold finish on French tips apply a basic silver or platinum coat for a modern, metallic look. Or try lining a lighter coat of polish with a single line of metallic polish. A little shimmer is always in style.
- Graphic French Tip –An ordinary French tip is pretty if not a little predictable. For something with a bit of extra spark, don’t be afraid to go graphic with your French tips. Try applying two different colors that blend on every other finger. Or choose an offset, angled tip to add some interesting geometry to your nails.
- Natural Neutrals – Sometimes all you need is just hint of color to complete your style. Natural looking polish neutral tones area great compliment to your skin tone or outfit and can highlight the other things you want to stand out about your look.
- Put the “Cute” in Cuticles – It’s not always all about the nails. Show those cuticles some love too! One of the hottest summer trends is lightly decorating the edges of your cuticles by tracing the top edge with a shiny glitter or a neutral color polish.
- Rounder, Shorter, Sleeker, Stronger – For those of you who aren’t fans of acrylic nails or longer nails in general, simple and easy to maintain is actually trending – ghostly nails. The popularity of all white nails grows as the seasons change into the summer. Little designs into them are a good touch but not going overboard is crucial.
When it comes to getting noticed, it’s all about the details. You can stay on top of your style game and be the one people ask how, why, and where did you get that idea? If you find yourself on a constant hunt for the newest and cutest the world of beauty and style has to offer, maybe a career in beauty is right for you! Intrigued? Well, check out Continental School of Beauty today for more information on our programs including Nail Specialty, Esthetics, Esthetics & Nail Specialty combo, Hairdressing and Cosmetology, and Barbering. It’s always a good time to start doing what you love for a living!